Slow Food Hunter Valley is an active group that works with local farmers, chefs, food activists and the general public to ensure our local farming traditions remain viable and our local farmers bring fresh, vibrant produce to our community. We are at most local events and festivals – often helping to plan and host the events.
In 2018 our calendar is starting to fill up so come and see us at the following events:
- January 4th our first Slow Food Earth Market, Maitland for 2018 (these markets will run throughout 2018 on the first and third Thursday of each month)
- January 28th, Maitland Gaol celebrates 20 years since its gates closed as a prison and opened as a tourist attraction
- February 6th – Slow Food Hunter Valley AGM
- February 10 Riverlights Festival, Maitland.
- February 16th to 18th the Maitland Show
- March 10 and 11, Maitland Taste Festival.
More events to be posted as the year progresses.