Slow Food Hunter Valley is an active group that works with local farmers, chefs, food activists, community groups and schools to promote our local farming traditions. We aim to ensure our traditions remain viable and our local farmers bring fresh, vibrant produce to our community. You will find us at most local events and festivals on the Slow Food stand.
- In 2019 our calendar is starting to fill up so come and see us at the following events:
- First and third Thursday of each month. We are at the Slow Food Earth Markets, Maitland (in The Levee). Come and see us at the Slow Food marquee. We often have “food rescue” drives, hot food, children’s events during school holidays and more. Stay in touch with us on our Facebook page to see what is happening each market.
- February 9 (Sat). Garlic Lunch at Margan’s. To celebrate the wonder of garlic, Margan is offering a four course lunch with matched tasting wines. The cost is $95 for members ($110 non-members). Margan is a hatted restaurant at Margan Wines in Broke. Join us in celebrating the garlic harvest, with the garlic at its cured peak right now. Jocelyn Colleran, our very own garlic enthusiast, will guide us through this feast.
- February 5 (Tue). General Meeting Slow Food Hunter Valley – all welcome. To be held at the Readers Cafe at 6pm.
- February 15, 16 and 17. Maitland Show. We will be manning a watermelon stall so come and join us.
- February 19 (Tue) AGM Slow Food Hunter Valley. All positions are declared vacant and you are invited to nominate for any position before the meeting. To be held at the Readers Cafe at 6pm. More information will follow.
- March 1 and 2 Apple Picking at Tilses (Moonan Flat). More information will follow.
- More events to be posted as the year progresses.