Slow Food Hunter Valley is an active group that works with local farmers, chefs, food activists to ensure our local farming traditions remain viable and our local farmers bring fresh, vibrant produce to our community. We are often at local festivals, helping plan and host these events.
As 2017 draws to a close we are promoting our Menu for Change initiative. Eat local, seasonal produce as often as possible. We encourage everyone to set a Christmas table with as much local produce as you can and, as always, feel free to send us a pic of your Christmas table telling us about all the local produce you used.
- In 2018 our calendar is starting to fill up so come and see us at the following events:
- January 18th our first Slow Food Earth Market, Maitland for 2018
- January 28, Maitland Gaol celebrates 20 years since its gates closed as a prison and opened as a tourist attraction
- February 2nd – Slow Food Hunter Valley AGM
- February (1st weekend) the Maitland Show
- February (3rd week in Feb) the Terra Madre scholarship submissions open
- February 10 Riverlights Festival, Maitland.
- March 10 and 11, Maitland Taste Festival.