Known as the “Preserving Series” this range of workshops is at the heart of Slow Food’s philosophy which includes reduced food waste and eating local produce. They will help you to understand how to extend the life of the produce that is right here at our doorstep. Preserving our local produce when it is in season (and when there is ample available) means we can have that food when it is out of season and without it having to travel half way around the world to get to our plate. Now that’s sustainability!
- The Preserving Series covers five preserving options:
- salt – 2 hour workshop (July 8th)
- vinegar – 3 hour workshop (August 7th – date to be confirmed)
- sugar (jam making) – date to be announced
- fermentation – 2 hour workshop (October 2nd)
- drying – 1/2 day workshop (Sunday November 17th)
- and finally we will cover food labelling in Australia – 2 hour workshop (December 7th)
Workshops will be held at different venues and the number of participants will vary for each workshop (depending on the size of the venue).
Tickets will be released over the next two weeks. You will be notified through our mailing list. If you are not on our mailing list please complete our Quick Contact form on the Home page (top right) and in the message section indicate you would like to be on our mailing list.
Tickets are also advertised through our Facebook so please be sure to follow us on Facebook.