The Maitland Taste Festival was on again on March 10 and 11 (10am to 4pm) – and yes we will be there.
Come and join us as we promote local produce. Grab some great street food. Indulge in the rich aroma of coffee. Sample local wine and produce from around the Hunter region.
The festival offers a diverse program of demonstrations, performances, live art and children’s activities across the event. This year, Celebrity Chef Matt Golinski will feature at the festival, running cooking demonstrations, food tastings and more.
Matt’s program includes an extraordinary range of local seasonal produce.
- Canapes – 11.00am Saturday and 10.00am Sunday
- Tromboncini Fritters with HB Fetta and Oven Dried Tomatoes
- Sourdough Crostini with Eggplant and Olive Tapenade
- Warrigal Greens Empanadillas
- Beancycled – 11.45am Saturday
- Stir Fried Oyster Mushrooms with Tromboncini Noodles, Sweet Potato Leaves and Garlic Chips
- Main Courses – 12.30pm Saturday and 12.30pm Sunday
- Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Cucumber Tabouli and HB Labneh
- Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with Oyster Mushrooms, Pumpkin, Water Spinach and Thai Basil
- Desserts – 2.15pm Saturday and 2.15pm Sunday
- Little Yoghurt Cakes with Glazed Figs, Sweet Labneh and Rose Geranium Infused Honey
- Mixed Melon Salad with Semillon Jelly and Bay Leaf Custard
- Prestige Stage 1 – 10.00am Saturday
- Roast Pumpkin Salad with HB Fetta, Rocket and Roasted Garlic and Honey Vinaigrette
- Prestige Stage 2 – 1.15pm Saturday
- Chicken Braised in Tomatoes with Eggplant, Squash, Green Peppers and Olives
The live music program features some of the region’s greatest independent songwriters across four performance spaces, while kids can enjoy free craft workshops, games and cooking classes.